We are located at: 4790 W. 16th Street, Speedway, IN, 46224
For more information, contact the Museum welcome desk at (317) 492-6784.
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (ET) March – November.
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (ET) December – February.
MUSEUM HOURS FOR MAY:
- May 1 thru May 5 – 9:00am to 5:00pm
- May 6 (Mini) – 12:00pm to 5:00pm
- May 7 thru May 11 – 9:00am to 5:00pm
- May 12 – 9:00am to 6:00pm
- May 13 (Grand Prix) – 7:30am to 6:00pm
- May 14 thru May 19 – 10:00am to 6:00pm
- May 20 – 9:00am to 6:00pm
- May 21 – 9:00am to 6:00pm
- May 22 – 12:00pm to 6:00pm
- May 23- May 24 – 10:00am to 6:00pm
- May 25 – 9:00am to 6:00pm
- May 26 – 8:00am to 6:00pm
- May 27 – 8:00am to 6:00pm
- May 28 – 6:00am to 5:00pm (or one hour after conclusion of race)
- May 29 thru May 31 – 9:00am to 5:00pm
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway® Museum is open every day of the year except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
The Museum is located inside the track between turns 1 and 2. The entrance to the museum is located at the Main Gate (which is also referred to as Gate 2) on the north side of 16th Street, just to the east of the intersection of Polco and 16th Streets. This is marked by a large, white “Hall of Fame Museum Entrance” sign suspended about 15 feet above the street on the west side of the entrance.
Parking is available at the Museum and is free of charge during days that the track is not in use for a race or other public event. During races and certain other events, Museum guests may need to park outside of the track and walk in.
To set the stage for a visit to the Speedway and the Hall of Fame Museum, the Museum offers a 20-minute overview of the track and racing history in Indianapolis in the Tony Hulman Theatre. The video runs throughout the day.
Special arrangements maybe made for group tours (minimum of 20) on dates other than those listed by calling (317) 492-6747.